CBD for Brain Fog
CBD For Brain Fog
More people are complaining about “brain fog” than ever before. But it’s more than the latest medical buzzword. It’s a real and measurable condition attached to any number of medical problems. WebMD, for instance, notes, “Many women find it’s harder to remember things during pregnancy. Carrying a baby can change your body in lots of ways, and chemicals released to protect and nourish your baby may bring on memory problems.”
Brain Fog is not just a hangover. It is a very real symptom of many chronic diseases. This fog is characterized by poor concentration and a general lack of clarity. This disorientation can last all day, and it will affect just about everything you do or try to do.
Related medical conditions
Rest and exercise. If your medical condition allows, you should exercise regularly. There’s no need to overdo exercise. But a regimen that levels the blood pressure, improves the respiration and loosens and stretches the muscles will combat factors like spasticity, muscle cramps, and oxygen deprivation.
You must balance the exercise with regular rest. Sleeping soundly throughout the night is essential to clear thinking and revitalizing cognitive skills. So, you’ll want to avoid caffeine, alcohol, smoking, and screen time. You will also benefit from rest other than deep sleep. Quick naps are always nice, but yoga, meditation, and reading will rest and relieve negative factors.
- Change your diet: Avocado, beans, blueberries, dark chocolate, eggs, leafy vegetables, salmon, and more are proven brain boosters.
- Detoxify: Follow a regimen to rid your brain and body of toxins, then, stick with it and hydrate with water.
- Hormone Therapy: Many brain fog problems may be hormone-related, especially when it is attached to fibromyalgia, lupus, menopause, PMS, PTSD, and damage from chemotherapy.
- Counseling: Professional counseling, coping skills therapy, and cognitive skills training can repair and restore some problems but may not reach the deepest set.
Treating brain fog with common meds
There are some everyday medications to avoid. Benzodiazepines are prescribed for depression and anxiety, but they have also shown some correlation with developing dementia. Z-drugs like Ambien, Sonata, and Lunesta are administered for insomnia, but they, too, have shown impaired thinking and balance. Opiates, of course, have profound negative effects, And, anticholinergics include over-the-counter sleeping aids like Benadryl, “PM” versions of Tylenol or other analgesics, some medications for nausea, vertigo, and itching.
These treatments do not affect everyone the same way, but prolonged use and use in conjunction with alcohol, other inebriants, and sedatives can exacerbate the problems.
Can CBD work for Brain Fog?
A 2018 study published in Surgical Neurology International reviewed three CBD behaviors relevant to treating Brain Fog. Among other benefits proven in animal and human research, they assert:
- “CBD appears to stimulate synaptic plasticity and facilitates neurogenesis that may explain its positive effects on attenuating psychotic, anxiety, and depressive behaviors.”
- “CBD research in animal models and humans has shown numerous therapeutic properties for brain function and protection … Broadly, CBD has demonstrated anxiolytic, antidepressant, neuroprotective anti-inflammatory, and immunomodulatory benefits.”
- “CBD increases brain adenosine levels by reducing adenosine reuptake. Increased adenosine is associated with neuroprotection and decreased inflammation after brain trauma. CBD is also known to exert vascular effects, producing vasodilation as well as hypotension that may hold promise as a protectant against cerebrovascular damage associated with stroke.”
So, for many, it’s a question of how you can optimize your CBD intake. Using marijuana as your CBD source exposes you to other toxins, risky psychoactivity, and negative side effects.
Hemp-based CBD, however, interacts positively with the brain’s limbic system, a neurological system identified by Paul D. MacLain in 1952. He analyzed the connection between Broca’s limbic lobe and the neural substrate influencing emotion, mood, and neocortical paths connecting auditory, visual, and somatic effects.
Nano CBD products produced by Creating Better Days offer multiple consumption options for continuing relief from Brain Fog symptoms and mysterious causes. If you are seeking help for Brain Fog, you may find relief in CBD oils, E-juices, gummies, lollipops, flavored syrups with melatonin, capsules, and more. Nanotechnology radically increases the bioavailability of the CBD properties moving them into your systems quickly and effectively. Their products also bear full ingredient descriptions and reference to current testing results. Look at them before you shop elsewhere.